Saturday, January 24, 2009

Third Week's the Charm

Aside from my crazy insomnia, this past work week has been the least stressful since I got moved in October. I attribute a lot to my change in prayers (and attitude). It donned on me how my morning prayers during my drive to work (while I "bump" my church music, as H2B likes to tease) have literally doubled, if not tripled in length .

I mean, I'm doing the whole 9. For the first several minutes, I pray my usual ones of blessings over me and my loved ones...but then I added the Serenity Prayer back in December (or the Alcoholics Anonymous prayer, as H2B likes to refer to it):

(I stole this image off of the World Wide Web and still have it as my iPhone wallpaper.)

Recently, I added the Lord's Prayer. I'm just saying that I could use all the help I can get, ya know??

Awesome things about this past week:
  • No work on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! (Mondays are one of my full days in MB.) This was probably the biggest tip-off for a good week...that meant I wasn't in MB until Wednesday at 1 PM!
  • Got to watch the Presidential Inauguration with my favorite kiddos/class
  • Co-workers, parents, and staff weren't so bloodthirsty this week.
  • High-profile student with severe autism was handed to the woman who created this outrageous change in my assignment in the first place!
  • Went to BCBA Supervision meeting and got to see my hilarious GF that I totally miss -- and that meant I didn't have supervision alone.
  • Held 3 easy-peasy IEPs -- I LOVE it when parents are easy-going, and let me be the professional in my areas of expertise.
  • Nerdy moment: realized that next Friday's annual SLP conference features an awesome speaker/expert in Asperger's Syndrome, Timothy Kowalski. (Heard him and Michelle Garcia-Winner in Chicago back in November).
  • I won't be in MB next Friday b/c of the conference!
  • My MB kiddos are finally starting to take to me, now that I'm getting to see them more often. One cutie-patootie was walking by me and said, "hi!" and then I heard her say behind me to her friend, "Oh, I was just saying hello to my Speech Teacher."
  • Got to wake up most mornings to H2B being awake. One morning, he came into the bedroom and laid with me and said, "I love you like a 10." Continually thinking about that made me smile throughout the rest of the day.
  • Ended the work week with happy hour at Daily Grill with H2B.

No comments: