Monday, February 02, 2009

25 Random Things

Once in a blue moon, I humor friends and fill out meme thingamajiggys. This one in particular is fun b/c I am such a random person. I mean, I often say, think, and do random things. So this is totally me.

25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me:

  1. “Dude” and “seriously” are my most frequently used words. “What the fuzzy?” (or the offensive version) is ranking up as of late.
  2. I occasionally try to bring back old skool words and phrases like, “totally rad.” I usually fail and look like a lame-o.
  3. I was almost given up for adoption at birth to a “single, rich doctor lady who really wanted a daughter.”
  4. I chipped my front tooth when I was 9. My cousins had the brilliant idea of pushing Eric’s Lincoln down Virginia Ave. just “for fun.” Pre-permit Jen was steering while Nadine, Ben, and I were pushing from behind. We got to the stop sign at Monterey Rd., and law-abiding Jen jammed on the breaks…and I totally ate the trunk. A fire engine happened to drive by. We lied about the car running out of gas and having to push it home half a block away. The last I remember is me sitting in the front seat with a fireman checking my bloody, chipped tooth out.
  5. I still sleep with my 26 year-old Hello Kitty.
  6. I was cast as an extra for “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.” Bro said, “Do it just to say you did it!” BF/H2B said, “Hell fawkin’ no you ain’t doing it!” Although it was shot in Downtown and I was still working in Downtown at that time, I passed up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
  7. The first time H2B held my hand was when I was getting a tattoo by his best friend in ’01. (We weren’t dating/together at that point…unless you call that a date.)
  8. I get claustrophobic in the walkways to board airplanes and in narrow store aisles that tower high above me.
  9. I am paranoid about losing my keys and being locked out of home and car. If I put my keys in my purse a few seconds before I leave, I have to take them out and have them in hand before I close the locked door.
  10. I was born in Belvedere (East L.A.) and found that out less than a year ago.
  11. As a kid, I was terrified of being trapped in an elevator alone or with a stranger. Must’ve been a premonition. When I was 21, I was mugged in an elevator at gunpoint.
  12. I am the slowest eater you will ever know. I usually take 1.5 - 2 hours at a buffet. But give me chocolate, coffee, or ice-cream, and I’ll go to town on it like it’s going outta style.
  13. The word “douchebag” cracks me up every time.
  14. Used to have a belly piercing (and wish I still did).
  15. I can’t leave home without chapstick. I will literally turn my car around or buy a new one to get me through the day. At any given time, I have at least 3 open (currently 4).
  16. The best freebie I have ever received was my turtle, Lil Focker. H2B was at a holiday party 4 years ago, and he got a DVD player while playing White Elephant but gave it up. He figured someone would take the player from him, and he had a hunch that I might want her. Little did he know that he was opening up a new obsession for me! On her first birthday, we actually threw a birthday party...b/c he didn't think she would live. (I am very adept at breaking and killing things.)
  17. Chanel is my pseudonym...for those times that I just don’t want a weirdo to know my real name.
  18. I moved more than 10 times before I graduated from SMHS…but attended S.M. from K – 12. The only time I was ever a real SM resident was when I was a year old.
  19. I love “Nacho Libre”! It’s the best “worst” movie ever.
  20. I often wonder what my kiddos with severe autism and communication disorders will say to me in Heaven. Sometimes, I swear they're looking at me like I'm seriously crazy, but they just don't have the verbal capacity to express it.
  21. I usually carry my Spyderco Scorpius because of #11 and 24.
  22. I really do not like any type of shopping…unless it’s at Costco. I go to Costco for “shopping” therapy and feel better even if I walk out with nothing.
  23. My dream is to swim with sea turtles in Hawaii, Mexico, and/or Costa Rica.
  24. Random event: a few years ago, I was on my lunch break in Downtown L.A., when a shady man rode his bike past me while asking, “how’s your pu$$y today?” My bro reminds me of that story every so often.
  25. I express a lot of random thoughts at random times, but I typically verbally preface it with, “This is random but…” (...but I do not have Asperger’s Syndrome!)

No comments: