Friday, January 02, 2009

Visiting Pastor Aunty - Day 1

All Winter Break, I didn't do much except lolligag and spend the holidays with my loved ones. It was soOOoOO nice to be on break. At the spur of the moment (sort of), Bro asked if I wanted to head up North with him and Gramma to visit Pastor Aunty, Attorney Cousin, and Doctor Cousin. So, Bro picked me up this morning and then we picked Gramma up from SM before going on our merry way up the stinky 5.

We got to Milpitas around 5, where Doctor Cousin happily greeted us at the door. Apparently, car-less and friend-less, she was bored all week and couldn't wait for us to get there. Pastor Aunty prepared a delicious meal...which made me realize I hadn't eaten her cooking in literally years. Quite honestly, I forgot that she is quite a chef. Actually, all of my aunts (sans the youngest aunt -- sorry Genius Cousins!), Daddy, and Gramma are excellent chefs. My Bro is so good, too. H2B doesn't believe I'm talented, but I beg to differ. (It's just that I don't eat red meat much. He thinks that the only thing I know to cook is mofo'n awesome miso salmon.)

After dinner, Doctor Cousin, Bro, and I went to the Great Mall for an hour, then headed to Lucky. It was so funny b/c right away, Dr. Cuz and Bro grabbed beers, candy, and popcorn and said to me, you have no idea how boring it is here. I guess I was lucky b/c it was my first time up at Pastor Aunty's, so these seasoned pros knew exactly how to keep us entertained for the weekend. (I was wondering why my Bro brought his laptop.)

We also rented from the $1 DVD machine outside. We were cracking up when we selected The Bank Job and Dr. Cuz had to "agree" to the disclaimer about the movie being Rated-R. Later on, we were totally mortified when the beginning scenes had so much gratuitous nudity and seks. Thankfully, Gramma and Pastor Aunty had went upstairs. After the movie, we hit the sack.

No comments: