Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Work Week of 2009

It was soOoOoOo rough, stressful, and busy.

The worst was that I knew that Friday would be the busiest. Yesterday was crazy what with office politics as well as my most intense IEP (yet).

By the time I got home around 5:30 P.M., I was soOOo out of it and exhausted. I was secretly hoping that H2B and I could go out for a nice, relaxing to dinner. I was thrilled when H2B suggested it. We headed out around 6:30 PM...and while I was putting my shoes on, I told H2B that I wasn't feeling right/well. He didn't hear me and asked me to drive so I grabbed my keys and we walked out.

I realized too late that I had grabbed the wrong set of keys and we were locked out! I was so upset. All I wanted was a stress-free evening to start the weekend. We headed out anyways and had dinner at Yokohama, our local sushi joint (best scallop rolls!). Afterward, we called a 24-hour locksmith. While we waited for half an hour, I went onto the roof to assess whether I could hop down from the roof onto our balcony McGyver-style or rapel down with rope I didn't have. H2B thought I had absolutely lost it by then. The good news is that it was too high up for me to do either (unless I wanted to break both legs), and I was able to dispel any paranois about crazy people breaking into our place by jumping down from the roof while I'm alone and/or asleep.

The locksmith got to our place around 9:30 and charged a fortune ($100) to tell us that he couldn't unlock our door and had to bust the knob. So he did. After about 15 minutes of "yay, we're home!," we headed back out to Home Depot to get a new door knob and deadbolt for $50.

By the time our whole ordeal was over, it was 11:30 P.M., we were out $150, and we were exhausted. I couldn't wait to go to bed and "end" the week.

The lame thing is that one of my biggest paranoias is losing my keys/locking myself out of my home or car. I'm so paranoid that if I put my keys in my purse as I walk out, I refuse to close the locked door unless I pull my keys out and have them in my hand.

No comments: