Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Work Funk

It's only the first week back from break and it's been a busy, crazy roller-coaster ride. Monday was alright, with a little kink that I'm finally over. Yesterday was alright b/c I was with my Autism class and managed to shuffle my way to a BCBA supervision and accrue yet another hour of individual observation hour. Sadly, I've only completed 1/3 of my total clinical hours. Only literally 1,053 more hours to go...and at least 22+ more individual observation hours.

*Side-story: I always end up being the only one to show up at the supervision meetings, ever since summer. My friend/classmate always teases me about that. So yesterday, she texted me while I was there. My supervisor was searching an ABA video on YouTube to show me, so I took a quick moment to read what she texted: "aww. Just told [other friend/classmate] I'd go tomorrow! I miss you! Have fun making out with [BCBA supervisor]." GROSS! I was totally fighting myself not to LOL though when I read that, as I looked up to see my BCBA supervisor looking at me while telling me something serious. That girl cracks me up every time. :)

Fast-forward to today. I spent the morning with my Autism class and then headed to MB. I called my bro up to whine about how I was feeling down today and really did NOT want to go to MB. He said, "maybe you're feeling down because of MB." When I got to MB, I sat in my parked car for 5 minutes, whining to H2B about the same thing. He said, "Maybe you should get back on your Regulators. You've been sOoOOOoOo moody and down ever since you got off them."

The rest of my day went alright since I got out of a meeting to complete a special assessment...that ended at 3:45. Sucked for me but sucked even more for the poor kid. My boss left me a VM close to 4. I called her back right away, eager to hear any good news. She told me about some more staffing changes and throughout it all, my heart was pounding hard...not sure if it was stress, anxiety, frustration, or what.

It's supposed to be "good" news for me that she is replacing the SLPA with a VTW...for me to supervise and train! I am so tired of supervising and training, never mind the endless case managing and paperwork. What's worst is having to explain all over again to the parents and staff about yet another major change.

To top it all off, she implied that I may have to stay at MB next year. If after I tell her no thank you and she still places me at MB next year, I will seriously look for another job where there isn't a ridiculous amount of additional, unnecessary stress.

Oh, but the funny thing in all of this? My boss called my home number before she called my cell. She NEVER does that. Was she checking to see if I was home already?? Hmm...! (I get paid an hour of straight overtime every workday...although I totally work more than 5 hours of OT a week for this site.) I hope H2B told her that I was still in MB doing a special assessment and that I should get paid more OT and that he should get paid as an outside agent for having to be my therapist and counselor!

No comments: