Saturday, January 03, 2009

Visiting Pastor Aunty - Day 2

On Saturday, we decided not to go to SF but went to the local Westfield mall instead. After 2 hours, Gramma and Pastor Aunty had only finished shopping at Macy's! Never mind how ginormous the mall is. We ended up having lunch at the Food Court and my bro built a HUGE Mongolian BBQ tower. (Sadly, this is the ONLY picture I took all weekend.)


We were so proud of our tower! See the one farther away? That guy cheated -- he had to hold his up with a hand. But just when we thought we had won the competition, this little Asian lady totally schooled us 3 bowls down the line. Her tower was even taller and while she waited, she had a handful of broccoli crowns that was strategically placing in crevices.

After lunch, we shopped for another 3 hours! Well, the two "old ladies" did. Gees, they can out-shop us any day of the week and twice on Sundays (or Saturdays). The ironic thing is that I really don't like shopping! I got really lucky though, b/c as I waited with Gramma at one point, Doctor Cousin found a cute sweater jacket...so I picked two up! (I hate shopping in big department stores b/c I don't like going through racks upon racks.) Pastor Aunty purchased them for us as a New Year's gift. :)

We finally left the mall around 4:30 and went back to Pastor Aunty's to kick it before meeting up with Attorney Cousin and Older Genius JD-MBA Cousin for dinner at a yummy Chinese restaurant (where they had a special ox-tail pumpkin dish). Afterward, we went to Attorny Cousin's to have dessert and kick it a little bit before she had to go back for a late Saturday night of work.

We went back to Pastor Aunty's and stayed up late talking. Come to think of it, that sounds so "old Taiwanese lady"-ish. That's exactly what my aunts do (with Gramma) whenever they visit!

We leave tomorrow morning...so that I can get back to get amped about going back to work. Boo!

No comments: