Sunday, December 11, 2005

Our First Christmas Tree!

Man, I'd love a nice youthful, luxury car (aka sports car?), but that's out of my price range.

Yesterday was my first real day of car hunting, and it was pretty disappointing. The harsh reality is that it is hard to go from a Mercedes to anything else. (Unless I go to a BMW or Infiniti ;) Reality check of the yesterday: You mean to tell me all cars, by now, do not have one-touch window down/up as a standard feature??? =O

I duno. I'm missing my Platinum Tiffany right now. Dad's taking her out for her last spins before I kiss her good-bye on Thursday. Boo-hoo!! Oh, we had some awesome times her and I!

On the up and up, we got a Christmas tree today! :D Home Depot had Douglas Firs for $22.90 + tax! We also got the last tree stand and a wreath ($13). Xtn got the lights, ornaments, tree skirt, and tinsel from Rite-Aid (that place rules!). Oh yeah, we also got 2 stockings to hang over our fireplace. He said I hung the tinsel so gooood. :) It's our first Christmas tree together! With Lil C. Focher. Actually, I think it's my second real Christmas tree. Dad got us one (possibly two) when we were little. It's nice to have a fresh scented home. :)

I gotta go to sleep soon though, b/c I gotta wake up at dark o'clock to ride the ghetto bus tmrw AM. This AM, it was so crowded, and I had to sit next to somebody. I wonder if he knew I was trying to read his book since I was so bored and couldn't take a nap unless I wanted to sleep on his shoulder. Gross!! Then I stared at this other dude that didn't want to share a bench with anybody (universal unspoken distance between males rule, I guess), so he ditched his stuff in the front, and stood in the rear exit area and read. He kept losing his balance and almost falling over. He looked so weird. The more I stared at him, the more I thought that maybe he didn't want to sit next to anyone b/c he kept coughing and clearing his throat in a weird way. Of course the future SLP in me kept thinking: vocal nodules! vocal polyps!

That made me think of one of the atty's aunt who's a neuropsychiatrist or something fancy at UCLA. Basically, she assesses and diagnoses neuro stuff in kids, I think. The atty often wondered if her aunt could turn the doctor part off and just look at kids normally. Hm, I diagnose myself with a new disorder every other day. I can't even look at myself "normally."

No comments: