Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hola Senorita!

So, incidentally, I was posting about cat-calls and stuff yesterday. What I held back on writing was that cat-calling (esp in combo w/ drive-by honkings) are one of my pet-peeves. It hasn't hap'd in a while now, but this AM, right when I stepped off the 14, some ppl were waiting for another bus, and one dude said, "hola senorita!"

Finally learning from past experiences, I know better now to just keep looking straight ahead, walk, and ignore. That reminds me of the only time I couldn't just ignore b/c I was cracking up too hard. I was probably in downtown or something, when I walked by 2 Mexicans, and one of them sang, "chinita bonita!" No one's ever referred to me as "(pretty) little Chinese woman/girl." But it was just plain funny to me.

Anywho, as I struggled to stay awake while waiting for the 10, I paced around the Taco Bell parking lot. For the past few weeks that I've waited at this stop, I questioned whether this Taco Bell was open 24/7 (are all of them 24/7?) This AM, 2 cars stopped for Taco Bell around 6:40 AM, and I thought: who eats Taco Bell when the sun's barely rising?! Weird! Then again, I know a lot of people drink soda for breakfast -- personally, not something that appeals to me. But I'm one to speak -- I'll eat chocolate and/or ice-cream for breakfast. So there, I put my "weird breakfast* out on the table. As I have my dry, wheat bagel w/ "extra crunchy" Skippy.

No comments: