Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Centinela 14 and Santa Monica 10

Since it's my Winter break and I am car-less, I've been ghetto-bussing around town. Sadly, I think about one of my (newly) favorite movies, "Crash," where the Black kid insinuates that the bus is for poor people, and the reason why the windows are so big on the bus is so that everyone can see the poor people riding the buses. Even sadder is that I wonder whether people look at me and think I'm poor or do they think I'm a misfit b/c I'm dressed business casual? Or do they just stare at everybody that gets on?

I have to say, there are different "breeds" that ride the bus. I've encountered one breed that is chatty and friendly w/ me the 1st day and then ignore me the subsequent times -- the One-Timers. I've also observed the Rude breed. Incidentally, they're also the Scary Breed. The other day, I took a short trip to my bro's and this dude w/ a huge backpack, who almost beheaded a bunch of us w/ it when he was sitting down, impatiently sat down at this empty bench, milliseconds after the last seater got up. The dude hadn't even gotten out of the way yet, before this rude person was doing a "dance" w/ him and then said: move already! We were all in shock. But I've come to realize, this is how L.A. is. There are either outspoken bullies or there are the bystanders (like me) who watch in shock, but don't stand up to defend anybody. After all, who wants to be a victim? It's selfish, I know. Besides, nobody came to my rescue when some crazy chick wopped me upside the head in broad daylight on a busy downtown corner. And SHE ran off while yelling, "get away from me b!tch" when I hadn't done anything nor was I following her! CRAZY!

This morning, I was standing by the front bus door and an old man that always puts his backpack in the luggage area, inserted his money while commenting to the bus driver, "finally." Finally? Man, I wonder if bus drivers go postal too.

As for me, I'm not sure what bus breed I am. I think I'm a bus snob; I loved riding the Commuter Express...b/c it had nice plush seats, and it was full of less shady and rude people. I don't like the 6:56 A.M. Santa Monica 10 b/c the seats freeze my tooshie off for some reason. Plus, the headrests are so low, you can't doze off.

See? I'm a bus snob, that's what I am. BoOooOo... :( At least I'll be getting my new car soon. Then I won't be a bus snob any more. =P

No comments: