Monday, August 31, 2009

Max meets Rose, Mango, and 2 sea otters

As Bro soaks up the rays under the sweet Hawaiian sun with Dr. Cousin and Attorney Cousin, I started pet-sitting Max today.

Unfortunately, I picked him up a little late today. Thankfully, he didn't experience heat-stroke or anything. I brought him back to our place and this time, he didn't take any naps (that was a first). With every visit, he gets more and more comfortable.

Today, he crept into our bedroom several times. Unfortunately, our bedroom door doesn't stay tightly shut so with a little nudge from a moist nose, he can mosey on in. Earlier, I caught him staring at my Hello Kitty for like 2 minutes before I broke his focus. Another time, he got within a few inches of my sea turtle, Mango, before I caught him. The last time, he got to the other side of our bed and was about to pounce on my sea otters!

I guess it doesn't help that our mattress is on the floor right now so my stuffed animals are within his eye-level...(Note: I'm planning to buy a platform bed frame for our new mattress when I get my first paycheck in a few weeks!)

Before he left, he sat in my lap while I sat in a dining chair, and he stared at my turtle for practically 5 minutes. He was so intent on figuring out what she was that a few times, he almost fell out of my lap. My turtle was asleep so she didn't move at all. A few moments later, I got up so he was on the floor. Lil F started moving in her tank and Max kept getting on his hindlegs and scratching the tank stand to catch a glimpse of my 3-pound green mass.

We'll see what adventures he gets into tomorrow...!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Fun! Silly doggy!!! Enjoy! Luke loves dogs now. We were sitting on the porch today and a couple was about 75 feet away with a puppy and he got so excited! Then when they walked by he was all smiles. It was so cute!