Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Pet-Sitting Reward


Brian dropped Max off around 9 AM and mentioned that Max was really tired since they had gone for a walk. He wasn't kidding!

When he wasn't napping, he was lazily sprawled out like this for most of the time. Except for the one time he snuck into the bedroom and almost chomped on my lamb stuffed animal. I had strategically placed all of my stuffed animals in the middle of my bed but left Lamb Chops on my chair. He thought I wasn't watching him so he got on his hind legs and was about to chomp down when I caught him in the act. It must be so hard for him to resist the temptations. He LOVES stuffed animals...especially the ones that squeak. The dog goes bonkers with squeakers.

Yesterday, Max didn't take any naps, which was unusual. I think it was b/c he probably slept through most of the hot morning until I picked him up around 1:30 PM so he was all energized while he was with Hubby and me.

He must have had sympathy pains for me today. I only got about 3 hours of unrestful sleep last night thanks to some poor decision-making -- I had caffeine late in the day, had an intense and long workout late in the day, and going to bed hungry (even though I ate a late dinner). So I got up around 3 AM, tossed and turned for a while, ate a snack (which is reminiscent of my Dad! He used to do this mid-night snacking all the time!), and started reading The Verbal Behavior Approach by Mary Lynch Barbera. By 6:30 AM, I was halfway through! I was so proud of myself! I don't know what it is, but I just don't read books. I joke that I have undiagnosed ADD, but truthfully, I'd rather surf the internet than read a book. I also meant to read this book before I start work next week so high five to myself because it looks like it's going to happen!

Anywho, there were two best parts of pet-sitting Max today. First, I got to nap with Max for the first time! Hubby let me take a nap with Max on our sofa. :) He's the perfect size, not too big and not too little. He had his head resting on the pillow, too, while I held him and we napped for half an hour.

The other best part? FBIL came to pick Max up earlier than I expected, and he had a huge box of ridonkulously delicious treats from Angel Maid Bakery for us!


I felt like I was back in Rome when I was double-fisting the cookie and ice-cream cone. After dinner, I walked out of the kitchen with a cream puff in one hand and the tiramisu in the other hand. MmMMmMmMMMMm! Thanks Brian!

Love the Hello Kitty cookie! I'll probably save it for last because it's almost too cute to eat!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You are silly! Glad things worked out despite the lack of sleep! Enjoy the treats!