Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy birthday, Kristin!

“The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.”

When I was (much) younger, this quote was forwarded to me. For whatever sentimental reason, I have kept it ever since and think of it often when I meet someone who is that “best kind of friend.”

I know I am blessed to have Kristin as this “best kind of friend.” Sometimes I think I am a broken record when I say this, but it just goes to show that I really mean it. She has always been and continues to be an inspiration to me. Today, I thought about how much has transpired since her last birthday, and I am again amazed by her strength, tenacity, wisdom, maturity, and genuine joie de vivre.

The best way that I can sum up how I feel about her is simply that I love her.

Happy birthday, BSILF. I wish you all the best.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh thank you so much! (We are connecting to the internet thru the cell tether still, so my staying up to date on all things electronic is not very current!)

Thank you very much for the sweet blog post. I love you too. This past year has been filled with so much joy and pain, so much difficulty and so much pleasure, so much happiness and so much sorrow. And for each part you have held my hand and walked with me. You have been so strong and wonderful and amazing. Thank you! I love you too best kind of friend! (And hey, I actually have a porch now. If you tell me you are coming I will scrounge a swing!!)