Saturday, May 31, 2008

Walk Around the Block

I decided at the last minute to come home to gramma's with my bro this weekend. I was hesitating b/c I have TONS of Big Kid and Little Kid school work to do this weekend, but I'm glad I came to Gramma's. We had a delicious home-cooked dinner, and then for the first time in years, the three of us took an evening walk around the block! FYI: the "block" is not a typical street block. It is more than half a mile with intense up and down hill climbs. I could NOT believe Gramma powered through. Totally rad.

I also can't believe that Gramma can totally outdrink me any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Yesterday, I hypothesized that maybe I can't drink any more b/c I've been on the graduating-from-grad-school-diet (i.e., eating healthier b/c I have a paycheck now, combined with occasional work-outs) and the smidget of poundage lost helped my body process the ETOH...but then I looked across at tiny Gramma and my hypothesis was thrown out the window. (Gramma is 8-10 pounds less than me and can consume 3x as much wine than me.)

This zero tolerance kind of bites. I can't even be a social drinker for fear that I might unexpectedly faint in public.

On the drive home, I said to bro, "Hey! [BF] is going to Vegas on Thursday ...so, let's go out! I haven't gone out in so long!"
Bro says with his serious big-brother-pensive-look: Hm.
Me: I want to go to a club! I haven't gone in years!
Bro's expression lights up: It's Pride this weekend! We can totally go clubbing!
Me: Oh...I guess....I guess that would be the "safer" thing to do.
Bro: Don't you like it when lesbians hit on you?
...

At least I'll be sober enough to coherently turn women away...rather than literally turning around and running away from drunk, creepy men. Then again, working with my kiddos has caused my maturity to regress a bit so I just might turn around and run away regardless of whether a male or female approaches!

Back to another Journal Article Summary (same gripe: I thought I was done with these when I graduated! I thought I was done with these last quarter!)

Oh, and I call DD.

No comments: