Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mommy's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and mommies-to-be!

I barely made it in time to wish my mommy a Happy Mother's Day. I just called her a few moments ago, right when she was about to fall asleep. It's been difficult getting a hold of her, now that she doesn't have a cell phone any more...Bro and I are hoping to bring her out next weekend since she didn't have time this weekend.

Today was another booked day. I went to church, and then came home for BF to put my spare tire on before I headed over to help bro move a carload of stuff over to their new place. Their place is really coming along. On Wednesday, I went over to put primer on their closet and bedroom walls. When I saw their place today, their bathroom tiles were already finished and their bedroom and closet walls were painted. :) Hopefully, their kitchen and bathroom will be finished soon! They're place is going to look fabulous.

Later, we all met around 5 P.M. to celebrate with the Moms on my dad's side by meeting up at the Daily Grill in Santa Monica (sans oldest Aunt and her family). We had a wonderful time having a gang of appetizers, a few drinks (i.e., a like 5 sips of beer for me), and delicious desserts. All the women also got $15 gift cards in honor of Mother's Day! That was so neat! Afterwards, we went to Third Street Promenade and walked the whole length and back. I am reminded as to why I am easily entertained (i.e., it must be genetic).

One of the first performers we came across was a duo breakdancing and popping & locking. Gramma immediately sat down but their performance ended shortly and they humorously asked for tips. It was so cute -- Gramma (who doesn't understand English very well) pulled a bill out, walked over to the big container in the middle of the crowd, and dropped her donation in! Shortly after a few others donated, the party/performance continued. :) Gramma totally rules. And she is so hip, being all into the dance moves!

It was really nice to spend time with the family and appreciate the mothers who have done so much for us.

No comments: