Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Nerd Legacy

Much to my ginormous surprise, I got an A in my second Big Kid School class!

I think he must have curved it b/c there was no way I could have gotten 100% on the final exam (raising grade an entire "level"). I missed a class, which made my grade drop from low 90% something to 79.1%. The last week of class was a marathon of papers, experiments, quizzes, and the final exam -- again, no way I could have gotten 100% on all of those things.

BTW, ever since last, last Tuesday that marked the end of the stress marathon, I have been on chillaxation mode ever since. The GREAT news is that the next two courses will not be as stressful (i.e., more room to slack off); but does that mean that I will have double the stress when I study for the national exam? =X I will still do my best to keep up with my studies, but I gotta say, intrinsic motivation is often a challenge for me.

On a semi-separate note, one of my adopted mentors who completed the coursework and took the national exam in March...didn't pass! I was floored when she told me the news! It sounds like the exam is really cracked out for several suspicious reasons (that I won't go into yet)...especially for an international organization that touts reliable and valid data.

I am encouraged to see that the more I learn about applied behavior analysis, the stronger I continue to grow as a therapist. Hm, I guess that's the intrinsic motivation/positive reinforcement.

No comments: