Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Feast

Today was a busy day of delicious eating. It's like I was ramping up for tomorrow. :)

First things first -- it is nice to have the day before Thanksgiving off! I remember the days when I'd work half a day on the Wednesday before, and even that half a day was a half a day too much. I woke up early to go to Costco to pick up a ham, Parisian Salads, and chocolate cake for tmrw (although the chocolate cake is traveling with his parents to his father's side for dessert). BF forced me to get a car wash, too, since his parents were coming into town and Elsa would be transporting us. I didn't mind so much b/c for whatever ridiculous reason, Elsa is the target of many sea gull business ventures...if you catch my drift.

Shortly after, bro and I met up with Dad at Zip Fusion for a delicious lunch. It was nice to have a peaceful lunch with them. I tried the Honey Roll, a new addition to their menu. It was soOOoOoo good (anything with seafood on the inside and tempura on the outside is worth trying).

Afterwards, bro and I stopped by the Cheesecake Factory to pick-up lunch for FBIL. I also got a Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake and tropical iced tea. The cheesecake was incredibly delicious for a sweet-toothed coffee junkie like me.

Next stop was the dry cleaner's to pick up BFs stuff. I got his suit dry-cleaned in anticipation/hopes of him being my wedding date for this weekend. Last night, he finally committed to going with me. I was getting a little bit worried (and desperate). I think I convinced him to go when I said, "Maybe I can ask [gay friend] to go..." (to which he asked, "Why don't you ask [BGF] or [BSILF]?"). It's just that he's been ridiculously busy and even though he told his clients that he's out of commission this week, it looks like he won't be.

I bum-rushed home just to veg out a little bit before we met his parents in Culver City. They hit so much traffic so we ended up sitting in the hotel lobby for over an hour. I couldn't believe how sleepy I was; I was practically falling asleep. We checked them in and then came back home to rest and primp.

Our last stop was dinner at Charthouse. It was delicious! Sometimes, I take BF's dad's lead and order what he gets b/c he usually orders really delicious entrees. Tonight, he chose a promotional/seasonal item that was absolutely amazing. BF got his usual...and later said that he should've ordered what we had. His mom ended the dinner wisely by ordering the signature lava cake. :) When we were dropping them off, we stopped by Rite-Aid and his dad surprised me with a box of Ferrero Rochers. Yummers!

They'll be stopping by tmrw morning for some coffee and to pick-up a few things so I'm off to bed. Gotta rejuvenate myself for the real big day of eating. :D

Happy Thanksgiving, homies!

No comments: