Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Older I Get

Gramma is always telling me not to shop (which I really don't) or get suckered into fashion trends since they tend to die down quickly. On the other hand, she advises to save the old stuff b/c in a couple of years (or decades), the trend just might come around again (i.e., she gave me a cute new pair of wedges that she never wore; unfortunately, they were too small for me). Although I don't always listen to Gramma's shopping advice, I do try to pay attention to her sense of fashion. Gramma can definitely dress herself up prim and proper. :)

As long as I can remember, Gramma's been a big brooch fashionista. I remember when we were younger, she'd have us help her pick out brooches (at the mall or from her collection). She has got a couple of nice ones...and a couple of crazy ones ("JESUS" in rhinestones). Over the years, I find myself unable to resist scoping out the huge displays of brooches whenever I shop. The question is whether I'm scoping them out for her...or for myself. Sometimes, I'm not so sure any more!

Last week, I finally relented and bought one for myself! I keep cracking up about it because I can't believe I've "turned into" Gramma. I like that it makes me think of Gramma throughout the day, though. :)

Point of clarification: I wear it to "close" my (new) black wrap across the middle of my chest vs. wearing it on my left upper chest area.

P.S. Daddy came home yesterday from China!

No comments: