Wednesday, October 03, 2007

How old am I?

Sometimes I forget how old I am. I turned another year older yesterday, so of course I got a few cracks at my age. There was the expected "Dang you're old!" and a few, "How old are you now -- 21? 22?" The funny thing is that I feel young (again). I go through these phases of feeling old, then young, wash, rinse, spin, and repeat. Maybe it's b/c I still sleep w/ my Hello Kitty. Maybe it's b/c I still like kid's stuff. Maybe it's b/c I work with such fun kiddos that make me feel young.

I took the day off yesterday, which was sooOoOOoo nice (since there are no school holidays in October). BF and I went to the Aquarium of the Pacific and checked out every exhibit. Unfortunately, we didn't know to do the behind-the-scenes tour until we were done (and I was starving). We saw beautiful aquarium life -- fish, sharks, sting rays, anemones, poisonous frogs, etc....and of course a sea turtle! It was an Olive Ridley. It was totally knocked out, but the nice thing is that I got a good glimpse relatively closely. We saw some adorable sea otters, too. :)

Before we left, we stopped by the gift shop, and BF bought me a sea turtle! I opted for the juvenile one (as opposed to the adult one that's like a foot big). I love it! I think I'll call her Mango...after the sea turtle that I want to adopt.

After the Aquarium, we ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp since it was conveniently located next door. I have never had it before and I love shrimp, so it was perfect! :) BF ordered Shrimper's Heaven; contrarily, I had Boat Trash. Both were delicious!

We went home and rested a little bit before I freshened up w/ my new Bare Escentuals kit, generous compliments from BF. The night before, BF brought me shopping, but all I really wanted was to hit that store. It was my first time, but I definitely felt like a kid in a candy store! I got a Getting Started kit and then he threw in an eye cream kit, iQuad shadow kit, and I chose a nice blush that doubles as eye shadow. This is all part of the "I am no longer a poor student, but a paid professional who should look like it" transformation.

After I freshened up, we went out to do the "we are paid professionals who need to have some fun sometimes" thing and met up with Bro, FBIL, and BGF and Enterprise Fish Co. for happy hour. This time, I managed to have about maybe 8-10 oz. of beer. Much better than my weak 4 oz. consumption last week.

Afterwards, BF and I went to my bro's to meet up w/ Lynnie for some kahlua cream cheese pie (my fave MC pie!). At the end of the night, I was so exhausted but all smiles (and a few sappy tears). It was a really nice birthday filled with wonderful wishes and thoughts from all of my loved ones. Thanks everyone!

P.S. Even Lil F got a treat b/c it was my birthday. She got extra turtle pellets for breakfast. :)

No comments: