Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Post-Grad

Life post-grad is great! It is far better than life post-Praxis. :)

Yesterday, bro, Ama, Dad, and I went to Enterprise Fish Co. for a yummy lobster dinner and then Pinkberry for dessert. Talk about a typical West L.A. (non-student) Monday evening. :) I brought Ama home and she had me laughing for pretty much the entire evening.

Today, after 10 non-guilty hours of beauty rest, I got up and washed Elsa. Later, Ama and I went out. Our first stop was Home Depot. Although Home Depot has some great things, I really don't like going there. I pout when I have to go. The worst was having to today only b/c I don't like shopping, much more shopping at a place that I don't like and looking for things that I have no clue about (today I learned that a cement-smoother is called a trowel). I like looking at/shopping for cute and sparkly things. Trowels and fertilizer spreaders aren't very cute, sparkly, nor fun. Thankfully, customer service was excellent so finding things wasn't so hard.

Although we were already tired, we trekked over to Ontario Mills to look for younger genius cousin's HS graduation gift. We only made it through 1/4 of the mall before turning around and calling it a day (b/c we still had one more stop). While shopping with Ama, I realized how I shop both like Ama and Dad (which are opposite extremes). I like to shop at my pace but I also like to touch every little thing that catches my eye...which is why I enjoy shopping alone; I can zip through stores like no tomorrow, until I get caught in one store...where I will spend an hour or longer b/c I must touch every little thing.

Our last stop was Costco, one of my favorite places to shop (shopping at a place I like with things that I love). The best part of the trip (aside from purchasing a few things that's actually cheaper at this location) was trying to pick out a watermelon. Preface: My dad picks out the best watermelons but, according to gramma, since Dad is leaving for China tmrw, there is no one to buy her watermelons so she must buy one for herself. Preface: I am the worst at picking watermelons, hands down. I have never bought a watermelon in my life just b/c I have no faith in my watermelon picking abilities. I know there are "rules" but I just can't get them straight (e.g., the thinner/closer the stripes better; the more hollow sounding when you knock/slap, the juicier?). So gramma and I stood there knocking on a bunch of them and finally picked one. In line, I said to gramma in Taiwanese, dang! Look at the lady behind us; she picked a HUGE one! We laughed at how small our watermelon is (despite them all being the same price). Just to make myself better, I said to gramma, well, at least ours is greener. I hope ours really is good.

Anywho, we finally made it home around 8:30 P.M. Big props for Ama for shopping for almost 4 hours! (I, too, must applaud myself for shopping that long. If I were alone, I would've been home after 2 hours.)

I'm having a blast w/ Ama. The saga with Ama continues tmrw. :)

No comments: