Friday, June 22, 2007

Drinks in Shards

Yesterday, BF and I went on our annual home improvement spree and we picked up new silverware, beverageware, and other knick-knacks.

En route, wee had a lovely spousal spat at Target, over which beverageware to purchase. Call it childhood issues, but I just don't like cups made from acrylic, plastic, or similar material. I like drinking from a glass cup. (Styrofoam is the worst.)

BF insisted on polycarbonate cups based on one redeeming characteristic -- they are virtually unbreakable. You know you've been living together too long when your S.O. knows what can and cannot survive under the same roof.

Glass simply breaks around me. I've broken so many glasses...to the point that I don't even have to lift a finger and they quiver in fear, topple over, and break. Classic example (no exaggeration): I washed a mug, one of 3 remaining glasses, and a plate. I hadn't even touched the glass, when it slid about an inch in the sink, and then toppled over and broke! I couldn't believe it.

Good thing the breaking a mirror curse isn't the same as breaking glass. Did I mention I've broken 3 mirrors in high school? I don't think BF knows that either...

No comments: