Thursday, May 24, 2007

A chocolatey thanks

I got my first Thank You Box of Chocolates! Well, sorta.

For about 3 weeks, I worked with an elderly gentleman. Most of the tx focused on swallowing exercises and strategies to get him off of NPO status. We eventually did, but with much hesitation and caution, but you bet he was ecstatic. Yesterday was his last day so the day before, his wife brought in a box of chocolates with a Thank You card written to me, a nurse, OT, and PT. I was excited at the thought of receiving my first (and only) Thank You Box of chocolates!

Unfortunately, I don't know what happened to the chocolates. I didn't get any of it, but I'm sure it was appreciated by others. :) As I have appreciated many Thank You chocolates, cake, cookies, and nuts from families that I barely worked with. Like 3 pounds worth of appreciation...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! I am glad your hard work was recognized! You deserve it!

Mark Reisch said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate! =)