Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Dog Crazy

I know I am crazy about dogs. Yesterday, I left a voicemail for my brother asking how Max was doing (b/c he's had some stomach problems lately). I also added that I am totally obsessed with Max because I think about him all the time. When I think about him, he makes me crack up. I even admitted through e-mail the other day that I go on my brother's Facebook page just to look at pictures of Max when I'm feeling down, missing Max, or need a good laugh just because.

Today, after my training, I stopped by the local pet store to pick up some (free with coupon) toys for him and return a conditioner I got him. (Yes, I'm proud to say that this is Max's vacation home. He even has shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, food and water bowls, quite an impressive selection of dog food, and his own blanket. Just not a real dog bed...unless you call Husband's bed/our sofa his bed. He likes to sleep on it and the other day, he actually "fluffed" it.)

Digression: I got him some fancy shampoo that has a coconut scent and fancy conditioner with a pink lilac scent. Separately, they smell great. Together, it smells like one of the scents that I hate the most -- musky, stale hairspray on women. For some reason, I really, really cannot stand that smell! It ranks right up there with manure, dog poop, and trash. So I had to return it, especially with my hypersensitive smell these days.

As I was making my return, I saw across the way that a guy had a really cute puppy. I couldn't tell what kind of dog it was; kind of looked like a boxer. When he was done checking out, the puppy moved ahead and an adult Great Dane followed him! I got soOoOOOo excited! It is so rare to see this ginormous dog. A few weeks ago, I told Husband that if we have a huge house/yard someday, I'd totally want a Great Dane. (Of course he said no way.) I was even more giddy b/c I got to pet the adult Great Dane. The owner mentioned that the adorable puppy is a Great Dane puppy that is 10 weeks old and the adult female is 7 years old.

I drove away all giddy and thinking, "I actually saw a Great Dane and a puppy!" On my way home, I told baby-t0-be, "One day, you'll get to see these great doggies, too, and hopefully, you'll love your uncles' doggy as much as I do...then the 3 of us can go on walks together!"

3 comments:

ho-shing-tsai said...

did you see lynn's facebook profile picture? puppy's always so jealous

Kristi said...

It is the best to tell your baby what he or she will do with you one day. And then it is the bestest best to actually do it! So glad you had a happy experience!

Luke says, "Gah, gah!" (Roughly translates to "dog, dog!"

Chanel said...

Yes, Guh, I saw the stink-eye picture. Pretty funny stuff. :)

Luke, he should come visit Uncle Ben's gah gah ASAP! Aunty Cheryl also has many bah(s) to play with! :)