Thursday, December 03, 2009

16 Weeks and 4 Days

My first baby bump pictures...and what prompted this photo shoot? I was just at Jack in the Box, and a crazy lady walked by me (the crazy kind that is by themselves and talks nonsense to themselves) to go to the soda fountain. After a few more minutes, she walked past me again to leave and she jibber-jabbered somewhat indiscreetly and almost monotonously, "oooo, somebody's going to have a baby. Someone's swallowed the seed..." and that was the last I heard before she walked out.

I was like, Wow, is it really that obvious now? Actually, I feel like I'm showing, but many people gasp, "You're not even showing!" so I take it I just look like I ate two buffets and then some. Just this morning, while I was at the school nurse's office, she said the same thing.

(Unfortunately, I have caught a cold. It is my first time being sick in over 2.5 years! Husband was concerned that I left for work with a fever so he made me go to the school nurse's office to check my temperature before he called the doctor's office for me. No temperature, just a runny and stuffy nose.)

Even though husband was starving when I got home, I made him take pictures of me and our baby pronto. Ladies and gentlemen, our first baby bump photos...!



Okay...now I see our baby in the last photo:

Any predictions on if baby will be a boy or a girl? And guesses for names?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

LOVE, love, love the pictures!!!! You look fabulous! What a great baby bump!!! Okay, I have to go read your post now, I totally skipped to the photos!!!!

Kristi said...

I am so glad you finally took photos! I can't believe you are already 16.5 weeks along! That is so exciting! In a few weeks you will feel the baby kick for the first time!!! That is amazing! Get ready for joy x 1 billion!

I am thinking, girl, but a boy would be nice for Luke to play with. (As if we can have playdates!! In my fantasy world we do!) I am terrible at guessing gender though, so...I will ask Mark. He has guessed every baby in our family correct, except one (i.e., Luke!).

Names....Lily Rose (except I already guessed Lily, didn't I? I think I am currently hung up on Lily.) Ruby Sunshine (no, too wild for you...), Ruby Anna. And for a boy...Joseph Benjamin.

Did I win? Did I win?

Again, let me reiterate, you look marvelous!!!!! Thanks for the photos. You really should take one every week now!

Love,
Kristin

Mark Reisch said...

It's a girl.

Her name will be Hope. (On the off chance it is a boy, his name will be Max.)

I can't believe we are seeing pictures. You look fantastic!

Chanel said...

Thank you, name and gender guessing contestants! Unfortunately, it won't be Lily Rose, Ruby Sunshine, Ruby Anna, Joseph Benjamin, Hope, nor Max.

Although I am crazy about Max...that is, my brother and Brian's puppy! :)