Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Last Week of Summer Vacation

Summer vacation this year has been awesome, so I am sad to see it coming to an end. I begin work next Tuesday, but I have plenty to look forward to this academic year.

This summer, I worked Extended School Year (ESY) with middle and high school students with moderate to severe disabilities. I had a total blast. Two weeks after ESY, the Husband and I went on our honeymoon-vacation to Europe for 10 days, something that I felt so blessed to do. For the rest of summer vacation, I have been doing nothing much except relaxing, catching up on long-neglected tasks, and spending time with the family.

The Husband's been asking me if I'm excited about going back to work. Although I am not hyped about the idea of working again, I am excited about what this year brings (and getting regular paychecks again). I am looking forward to returning to my original assignment of working full-time at the middle school, serving both the District Special Education caseload and the County SDC-Autism program. A few nights ago, I thought of another aspect I am anticipating -- I will not be supervising nor training anyone this year! I am only accountable for me, myself, and I! That will be a nice load off. Hopefully, I will be driven enough to use my "extra" time to finish up my BCBA studies. I am also looking forward to a drama-free year...or one that pales in comparison to last year (translation: much less stress).

I am a little bit anxious about the adjustment period though. The first month will be busy as I get back into the groove of things, adjusting to new situations and students. But I know that it's going to be alright.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You will do great. Good luck with the beginning transition into school again. I am so happy this year should be easier for you, or at a minimum have reduced stress! You deserve it!