Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vegas Wins

Dude, how awesome is it that I won in Vegas without even going?

Husband went to Vegas from Saturday to Monday to visit the in-laws/his parents and since I wasn't able to go, I gave him a C-note to gamble. I had very explicit instructions: $50 on dollar slots, $25 on quarter slots, and $25 on penny slots.

Yesterday, I had an IEP after work, but I left early to pick Husband up from the airport. After our hellos, he said, "You won a little money. Guess how much?" "$50?" "No, but close." "$40?" "No, keep guessing." "$60?" "You won $350."

"WHAAAAAAATT?!?! High-five to that!...Wait, is that why you said I'm treating for dinner?" (How is $50 "close" to $350?)

Husband has this theory that women at a special time in their life should go to Vegas and gamble. Last time his cousin did, and she won like thousands. I thought it was pretty sweet that I didn't even have to go to win. :)

The low-down went like this: Husband/I didn't win anything on penny nor quarter slots, but with the dollar slots, he bet big -- like max bets of $5!!! Crazy! (What is with me being able to have him bet big for me but if I were actually there and/or betting, I wouldn't be even near the dollar slots?) Anywho, he got 2 free spins and banked about $375 and played down to $350 before cashing out.

Sweet!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congrats!

And thank you so much for our package!! Email to follow soon - dealing with some medical junk that is consuming all my time and energy at the moment. (Except for a quick break to see if you had finally updated here!!)