Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm a Westside Cliche

I think working in the nice, posh beach cities has finally gotten to me. Today, I have become the ultimate Westside/South Bay cliche. I went to a "medical spa" and got one treatment of laser hair removal!

I bought a spa package that consists of 4 visits: a facial, laser genesis or photofacial, hydrafacial, and laser hair removal...but you know I chose this location/package for the laser hair removal and photofacial. The only lame thing is that it's not like I achieved permanent hair removal with one treatment. I'd have to go back for 6-9, and supposedly, fine hairs are harder to permanently remove. Lame.

It was a funky experience. This gorgeous aesthetician came in, explained what she was going to do, "zapped" me with the laser a few times, and then said I was done. It took like 5 minutes if that. The last few zaps stimulated some tear nerves/glands...it didn't hurt enough to make me cry but with the last few zaps, my eyes teared up. Hope she didn't think I was really crying.

I'm looking forward to my facial next week. I scheduled a Bare Escentuals makeover right after, just for fun. I've never had a makeover, but I couldn't resist when I saw that they had a whole line of B.E. products! I'm such a B.E. junkie...I wonder if that's real cliche, too.

No comments: