Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Random: Life in L.A.

Yesterday, as I desperately searched for a fan at Target, a little girl (~ 4 y/o maybe?) was with her Dad. When they came out of the aisle, the little girl saw something and exclaimed, "Holy $h!+!" I looked at the Dad (containing my shock), but the Dad's expression didn't even change; it was as if the girl never said a word. The un-innocence of it all kinda bummed me out.
...
Today, I went into Jack-In-the-Box and a guy was waiting for his order ahead of me when another guy walked in. Something about the first guy's body language made me think that he was moving away from the counter in an awkward way for the 2nd guy to get up there. Turns out they knew each other. The first guy said to the second guy, "I heard you were dead." (Not joking.)
...
I thought I was tech-savvy enough to figure out this program to run student reports, but apparently not so! I am currently browsing through a 55 page manual (and needed a break). I need to run a report by tmrw AM...

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What is going on in this world? Yesterday when I was at Starbucks some 12 year old (-ish) kid asked me, "Do you have two bucks so I can get something?" After he had asked the barista for money and then asked the barista to just give him money from the tip jar! I was like "Dude, this is not Target at Christmas and you are short to buy your mom a present. This is Starbucks! What is a 12 year old even doing in a Starbucks?" I just told him I did not have any cash on me (which was true except for a few straggler yuans!) and then listened to him cursing with his friends about something else.

Nice!