Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Rose!

Today was an interesting day in many ways that I cannot fully get into. I will share one thing that was pretty funny to me. I tested this kiddo that I think is so adorable (and sadly, so clueless). He waves hello to me every time I walk into Collaboration (b/c he confuses me with someone else). He also asks the same questions over and over again (like every few minutes). I brought him to my room and during testing, he asked me at least 10 times, "is it lunch time yet?" He asked me many other questions. The best, however, was when he looked at me thru his cute little glasses and asked, "Are you Chinese or French?" I totally thought I heard him wrong b/c he mumbles a lot. "Did you ask if I was Chinese or French?" "Yes." I thought that was so funny and random, especially coming from this small potatoe.

Anywho, I saw some more kiddos and then met w/ my supervisor (who unknowingly prompted me to change my MySpace profile to private again. Which I will do right now.)

Afterwards, I rushed home to change. I received quite a pleasant surprise when I got home. BF's been working like no tomorrow recently, so I was shocked to see 3 new bookshelves built and stocked w/ my crap in my bedroom/office! :D Let me repeat that -- not only built, but also loaded w/ my crap! BF is the best!

Shortly after, my bro picked me up for Rose's 80th birthday dinner! Rose is the nicest, sweetest, coolest neighbor friend anyone could have (although our current neighbor is a close 2nd). Rose has a long history with our family; she has been a neighbor to Lawyer cousin, Doctor Cousin, BF, FBIL, my bro, and I. She comes to many of the gatherings and parties that FBIL and bro host and prepares the most delicious dishes. She taught us how to make empanadas. She sends me delicious home-made milanesa. She always thinks of us in many ways. We love her for many reasons (in addition to food-related reasons). So Lynniechang, FBIL, bro, Rose, and I went to Enterprise Fish Co. for dinner. It was so delicious, relaxing, and fun. We ate on the patio and ordered just about every appetizer on the menu (along w/ 2 entrees). I shocked FBIL by ordering a Stella...of course I handed it over after I drank about 4 oz. and got a buzz off of that. Weak! At the end of dinner, my crazy bro said, "Hey! Let's go to Bloomie's now!" And off we all went.


Our main stop was at the eyeglass counter. I've been wanting a new pair of shades for forever and have been lazily looking (I don't like shopping). I've had the same pair since '01 and y'know the trends have changed so much that my pair is like vintage. When I told Lynnie that I've had the same old pair (smaller lens-style), she teased, "What like John Lennon style?" So at the counter, my bro helped me pick a pair and surprised me by paying for it!! I (sort of) can't wait to wake up just to wear them. That's how cheesily excited I am! (On the other hand, I can definitely wait to wait up. I am so tired and wish that the new Starbucks by the freeway entrance was open already for mornings like tomorrow.)

I kept thanking him and at the end of the night, he said, "There's no price on being/looking fabulous!" Ha! Whatta fabulous statement said by my fabulous brother. Speaking of looking fabulous, Rose looks so fabulous. She may be 80 but she is so full of love and life and it shows. Happy birthday, Rose.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

**Runner-up for coolest neighbor knocked on our door around 10 PM tonight and handed BF 2 fresh, home-made strawberry cream puffs! So sweet!
***Rose shares the same name as my favorite stuffed animal that I still sleep with...my raggedy, loved 20-something year old Hello Kitty.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

hahaha your silly hello kitty! I brought my Snoopy to college!