Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Teenage BFFs

Despite my meeting my social quota for the year, there was no way that I was going to miss my intimate reunion with my two childhood best friends!

Christine, Euri, and I have known each other since junior high...those awkward tweenage years (for me). Tonight, we started off trying to figure out when was the last time I had seen the both of them. I was fortunate to reconnect with Euri a few months before our wedding (through the wonders of Facebook)...and honored to have her floral design business, Fleuretica, create our beautiful arrangements.


Posted by Picasa
We first met up at a bridal show that Fleuretica was showcasing at, and then we met once before the wedding to catch up briefly and discuss floral details. I was really touched that she (and her crew) came out to Wayfarer's to personally deliver the arrangements on our wedding day.
I knew that that wasn't the last that I wanted to see of her...especially since I had let too much time pass by. So I resorted to Facebook again and crashed she and Christine's date. =P

Tonight, our reunion was just as sweet because the three of us met up! We met at Susina's Bakery, a cozy shoppe with endless yummy desserts. For a few fun and sentimental hours, we caught up over coffee, apple pie, tiramisu, and Americano cake. We talked and laughed about all the silly things we used to do. All the crazy letter writing (pre-text messaging, cell phone, and Facebook days). Sadly, they pointed out that some things never change. I had to call Gramma part way through and was on the phone for a while. After the call, the girls said, "I remember when you were in HS. You were always in trouble. You didn't even do anything and you were in trouble!" Seriously...


It must have been at least a decade since the three of us were last hanging out...and so much has happened. I couldn't be more happy for them and their accomplishments. Christine is now a proud mommy of a 15 month old, wife of a pastor, and an attorney. Euri, who has always had that ridiculously awesome creative streak, is now a successful floral designer. (And I guess I should say it again for Christine, I am a Speech-Language Pathologist. ;)

It was so good to see them and to pick up without skipping a beat after all this time. I can't wait to see them again next month.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Gosh, I'm behind on stalking you via internet! I just read this post. =) I'm looking forward to next month!

euri said...

lol i just caught up too! can't wait for our next excursion. hope you're having a blast on your honeymoon. :)