Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm Free!

Today was my last day of ESY. Woohoo! Vacation is finally here!

I've slowly been transitioning into summer vacation since last week. Since one of my caseloads ended summer school last Friday, I've been galavanting more and more.

Last Friday night was Gramma's 83rd Chinese birthday, so we celebrated with dinner at Full House Seafood restaurant. It was a little more intimate since half of our family was MIA, but it was still very cozy, delicious, and festive. After dinner, we went to Dentist Aunty's for cake.
(Chinese bakery cakes are sooOooOOo delicious!)

We were fortunate to have Pastor Aunty with us to celebrate. She loved the necklace I gave Gramma...so much that she put it on and had me take a picture (to send to her daughters to find for her).

Pastor Aunty is so cute. She had me take 5 pictures before she okay'd the one above.

On Saturday, I went to a co-worker's retirement party in Redondo Beach. It's bittersweet for me since we became good friends during my first year of work but then I missed out on working with her last year b/c of the dramatic assignment change. Now that I'm returning to my original assignment in the Fall, she won't be there! I am happy for her, though, and wish her the very best.

On Sunday, I finally got to see celebrity Aunty from New york and meet her husband and baby boy. I was pleasantly surprised to see my Mom's best friend there, too!

I certainly enjoyed the company and amazingly humongous spread. I ate and talked and ate and talked. My aunts and Gramma were there, too, which led to interesting family history being revealed. (Turns out the rich lady doctor that wanted to adopt me when I was born was actually yoldest aunt's husband's medical colleague.) After they left, I chatted some more and followed Aunty Jeany around while she chased her handsome (and cute) baby boy. Their baby boy is already almost two years old!

It was a real fun-filled weekend. Well worth the exhaustion. ;)

1 comment:

Andrew said...

did hubby get to experience his first chaotic, oftentimes-dysfunctional family gathering?