Monday, July 27, 2009

Going Away Party for BSILF

For the past four years that BSILF and I have known each other, I never imagined that this day would really come. She is leaving me!!

I am deeply saddened for selfish reasons. I will miss her so much. I will miss her hugs. I will miss hanging out with her and laughing nonstop. I will miss seeing her contagious smile. I will miss her husband, the one that my husband genuinely enjoys hanging out with (this is a very huge deal!). I will miss their sweet baby boy who exudes all the love and well-being that their parents share with all those that are lucky enough to know them.

On the other hand, I am happy for them for their move back home to New York. This opportunity could not have come at a better time and for a wonderful reason. BSILF's husband accepted a teaching position at an private university well-known for several programs directly related to his specialties. They will be closer to family and living in a house at a price that us Angelenos cannot even fathom.

Today, we met up at Kim's house to send them off properly. We chatted, laughed, and ate for several hours, reminiscing about the grad school days...before many of us were married and any of us had a baby and/or was pregnant...all the way to honeymoon updates. It's crazy to think that four years has already passed since they first moved out here to take both of their careers to the next level. We were blessed to have them with us the past few years, but New York is even luckier to have them back. ;)

May God bless them on their journey back home and the new adventures ahead.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hey! I am just now getting caught up on blogs and am near tears reading this! Thank you! I miss you already and hope we can meet up again soon! That night was the best! I love you!