Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sick as a Dog

For the past month, I've been knocking on wood every time I had to work with a sick student. Wouldn't you know it -- I think it was ultimately my BF that got me sick.

Every time I get sick, I inevitably hear one or more of the following from my family: You're sick again? Why are you always getting sick? You need to see a doctor to figure out why you're so unhealthy.

I really don't remember getting sick this year...and I really don't think I have since I still have a full batch of antibiotics and a full unexpired bottle of promethezine w/ codeine (aka The Good Stuff). Yesterday and today has been by far the worst of this battle.

For Christmas yesterday, BF and I spent it together in recovery. We missed two gatherings (in other words, we missed lobster and Honey Baked Ham!) and stayed home taking meds and drinking canned soup. FBIL and Bro stopped by and dropped off yummy desserts. To look on the bright side, we spent Christmas together. :)

Self-Commentary: My blog is far less exciting when I write about my own life as opposed to my experiences/interactions with my kiddos. Not to worry, I go back to work on January 7th and I go back to school on January 8th! Stay tuned.

No comments: