Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cousins Day II

I can't remember when our first Cousins Day happened, but I think we went to an Auto Zone or Mini Golfing place. I don't think we actually mini-golfed...or did anything except eat.

So I guess we were intent on making our second Cousins Day a success. And it really was! All cousins, sans Lawyer Cousin who was busy signing house ownership documents (woo-hoo!), first met up at Lucky Strikes at The Block in Orange. Even future-cousins-in-laws BF and FBIL were present. :) It was their first time meeting half of our cousins. We waited almost an hour and a half for two lanes and then almost all of us bowled one game. I had the 2nd or 3rd lowest score despite having full gear and all...Boo! I haven't bowled in so long (not that I'm using that as an excuse, although I sort of am) so my form was completely messy and inconsistent. I didn't even break 80. :(

Afterwards, we headed to Captain Cousin's house. It was my first time seeing their new house and it is fabulous! I love the model home look and feel and that was exactly what it looked and felt like, even complete with fabulous Christmas decorations. We all just hung out, ate, and chatted. Most of the boys watched the football game and talked shop for half of the time and then half went upstairs to play video games. The rest of us just chilled, ate more, and caught up. Cousin-in-Law (who lives two doors down) joined us for a bit, too.

We all left around 10:00 PM and wouldn't you know it, I still ended up getting us lost despite having a GPS. I blame it on Elsa; her compass has mysteriously disappeared, which has sent me into a state of panic whenever I drive.

Nonetheless, BF and I were in extremely good spirits so we had a leisure drive home despite taking a slight detour. All in all, Cousins Day II was a success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe go into so much more detail with your xiao ben dan(s) than you do with your lovely cousins. Gosh Cheryl, where's the love? hahaha jkjk. It was great seeing you yesterday! I miss our chats online :(