Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Happy birthday, Turtle
Happy birthday, Turtle
Happy birthday, dear Turtle
Happy birthday, Turtle!

Today, Lil F is 3 years old! This morning, when I picked her up to feed her, I actually sang the birthday song to her. I think she enjoyed it...along with an extra helping of Hikari sticks.

After work, I stopped by Lil F's favorite store, Petco, but sadly, I walked out with no birthday gift for the usual reasons (that seemed worse today). Not to mention, I stood by the rosy red minnow tank for almost 10 minutes and after two unsuccessful calls for assistance, I left. Hopefully, Lil F will forgive me.

She's happily basking. BF often asks if the Turtle was the best (free) gift ever. She totally is. She brings us joy everyday. Three years later, we are still basking in her silliness. We still stop by her tank everyday to gaze at her. We still call each other and ask what the turtle is doing. We still say hello and good-bye to the Turtle whenever we come home or leave. She still surprises us with new crazy antics and makes us laugh like the first day BF brought her home.

I love my turtle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lil F! We wish you a joyful year filled with lots of lettuce, basking, and fresh water! Many more to you!
Love,
Auntie Kristin, Uncle Mark, and Tanga!