Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Time to Play

Last night, Baby Christian and I didn't get much sleep. We woke up quite a lot and had a hard time falling back asleep.

Around 6 AM, we nursed and then I tried to rock him to sleep for almost 1.5 hours. For some time, he was fidgeting a bit so at one point, I switched positions from having his head over my shoulder to a cradle position. I wasn't sure how that would work since the night before, I swung him in the cradle position and he started flailing his little arms as if he really was in his swing! It was so funny.

Well, instead of falling asleep, the little guy wanted to talk and play! His big eyes (or I guess normal size, but "big" in comparison to my eyes) stared back at me, and he cooed nonstop -- I couldn't even get a word in edgewise! I told Baby Christian that it was too early to talk and that we had to sleep some more, but he protested. Finally, I had to be the not-so-fun Mommy and put him back over my chest and shoulder so that our conversation ended. :(

Needless to say, we are both really tired now, and he is currently napping on me, but Mommy will be ready for another engaging conversation once he wakes up. :)

No comments: