Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy First Anniversary to Us!

Today, we celebrated our first anniversary! :)

We originally had plans to go down to where we got married and walk the grounds, but when we woke up, we heard the rain pitter-pattering! So we spent the morning deciding what we wanted to do and where we wanted to eat.

By the time we headed out for a late lunch, the skies had cleared up into a beautiful day, but we decided to just stay local to play it safe. We enjoyed a nice meal at Houston's in Manhattan Beach, and then Husband suggested I get my hair done today (instead of tomorrow). So as he boxed at his gym nearby, I got my hair and brows done. That was a very nice pampering session since I love Vicara/Aveda salons.

In reflecting on this past year that we have been married, all I think about is how much more I love my husband (even though I didn't think it was possible).

And there is no better first anniversary gift to give each other than a baby. :)

Tonight, we're going to try some of our wedding cake from a year ago! Hope that goes well! =P

Update:
Husband and Bro's Partner were not willing to partake in the tradition, but Bro and I sure did! It wasn't bad at all!

However, in retrospect, I should have just had the top layer of our cake served at our wedding last year (and maybe save a slice for our 1st year anniversary)...because now I'm stuck eating a whole 6-8" cake by myself! Well, I guess we can say that Baby-Boy-to-be is helping me eat it, too! :)

No comments: