Saturday, October 17, 2009

Jolly Rancher Square Lollipops

This is what I do when I am procrastinating reading/studying...I do things like searching online (and in stores) for the original Jolly Rancher square lollipops, and then I contact Hershey's, the maker of Jolly Rancher candies, to say this:

Hello, I have been looking wherever I can (supermarkets, drug stores, candy stores) for the original Jolly Rancher lollipops, which are the square-shaped. I have been disappointed in my search and apparently, others who have shopped online at Amazon.com have come across the same disappointment. Do you still make the square lollipops (without fruit-center chews)? Those of us who love the originals swear they taste different - and better - than the fruity-chewy-center ones now (and the original hard candies). If they are discontinued, why were they and will you ever bring them back?

I know I sound desperate...but it's b/c I am! I just want to satisfy my 3-week long and counting craving. :( They're just not the same as the small, individually wrapped pieces either! I hope they respond. Like by sending a huge box of the original lollipops. Maybe they won't b/c I had the audacity to point out/remind them that the original lollipops are the square-shaped ones, as if they didn't know.

Back to studying, until I think of another harebrained idea to "research."

15 comments:

Kristi said...

That is awesome! I hope they send you a big box too! I will look for them here for you.

Unknown said...

I was Googling to see where I could possibly find the square Jolly Rancher Lollipops. I too am having trouble figuring out where I can find them, if they're still produced, things like that.

Did they ever respond to you?

natosha said...

Walmart actually carried the original ones for the Vday Suckers! and of course i bought my nephew and he is ADDICTED.. only to not be able to find them anymore =[

Anonymous said...

I too have been looking for the square Jolly Rancher lollipops. Having recently kicked the smoking habit I went in search of my favorite lollipop and good figure I can't find them any where.


I will pay TOP DOLLAR!!!

Anonymous said...

I believe they have been discontinued. I found some last year at a dollar store which was further proof that they are no longer being manufactured. Good luck in your search for surplus.

Anonymous said...

they have the square ones on amazon with a 12 pack bags for just about 25.00 and a 50 pk box for 9-10.00 on looney stuff.com i ordering mine soon

Anonymous said...

Did they ever respond!?!? I freaPking love those!! :D

Anonymous said...

I hope the bring them back!! I can't find them anywhere and really want some!

Tiffany Weathers said...

I need them in my life now

Seed said...

I too have been looking for them. Jolly Rancher discontinued them way back. I remember them from the early 2000s. The Cherry and Watermelon ones were the best and the new Jolly Rancher lollipops are not the same. The sqaure ones were the best.

Unknown said...

Well if their not going to make them anymore they should release the recipe

Derek Clayton said...

Any luck finding this?

Halle said...

I emailed Hersey a few days ago and this was their response “ Thank you for asking about JOLLY RANCHER Lollipops. We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, the square lollipops are no longer manufactured for sale. When the Jolly Rancher Lollipops were originally introduced, they were square shaped. The lollipops were changed to the round shape in August 2006.” along with them telling me they use their customer’s opinions when bringing back products and will include what I said in some sort of report.

Unknown said...

Let everyone if they decide to response so want some too !

Anonymous said...

I would love to have some jolly rancher square lolipops. These were the best ever especially the peach and watermelon. They were always a big seller at concession stands at ball fields. The round ones just aren't as good!!!