Thursday, July 31, 2008

Facebook

It's official -- I'm an addict for now. I know I go through phases relatively quickly, but since I have all August off, I'll prolly be addicted through next month.

I do have two comments:
  1. FB rules! Since I've practically fallen off the face of the Earth (in KIT w/ HS friends), it's helped me reconnect. Next month, I'm planning on getting together with 3 of my HS GFs!! Totally stoked about that.
  2. FB kinda sucks! I updated my profile to say I'm engaged so it sent that update out to everyone in my network. So I got a few "congrats!" In less than 24 hours, I deleted the engagement part (BF has this thing about privacy and confidentiality; it's like he's in the CIA or something plus we haven't started planning) so of course it sent out a post to everyone saying "Cheryl Liang is not engaged any more." Next thing I know, I'm getting "Are you okay? What happened?" How mortifying to be engaged and unengaged (but not really) in 24 hours.
In other news, I'm mailing my application for certification and membership to ASHA! Yahoo!


*Update:
3. Great...I just installed the Facebook application on my iPhone. It's over. I need FB Addicts Anonymous...

3 comments:

rly said...

C! This is rosa. Hope you don't mind that I subscribed to your blog!

rly said...

oh yeah... and yes, facebook... love/hate relationship!

by the way, congratulations :-) B didn't tell me!

Andrew said...

haha there should be an option that lets you choose what types of news feed you are willing to publish..under settings i think.

Or you can delete the "story" from your own news feed wall and I think that will prevent it from popping up everywhere :P