Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Vacation!

I'm on summer vacation, y'all!! WoO-hOoOO!!!

Working summer school was interesting, tiring, intense, and fun. I covered 9.5 out of 11 sites that were originally allocated to me, and I participated in two emergency IEPs (although I figure legally IEPs can be held at any time, I had never heard of IEPs being held in the summer. That's the nature of the high-profile kiddos, I suppose.).

I have to admit that at the beginning, I was nervous since all of my experience thus far focused on the middle school population (RSPED and SDC/autism). However, once I jumped right in, I was okay. It was interesting and fun in that I got to work with kids with a broad spectrum of abilities and ages -- from kindergarten to graduated seniors with diagnoses ranging from only articulation to severe communication disorders (severe autism) to even one HS kid with Emotional Disturbance (ED) (but we worked on fluency).

In mini-celebration, I had a delicious rotisserie chicken sandwich from Houston's for the first time. After work, I went to a bazillion stores to find a dress for my classmate's wedding that is tomorrow. I ended up purchasing the "back-up" dress I found last week since I was out of time. Did I mention again that I really don't like shopping?

I also got my eyebrows threaded for the first time! I am so impressed and pleased with how my brows came out. I've been meaning to go to this place for the past 5 years or so, ever since my co-worker from my past life (i.e., legal secretary days) told me about this place on Venice Ave. TK has been going there regularly for years, and she once told me that some of the ladies get really into the threading -- as in they thread to the beat of the Indian music. When I finally went today, a lovely lady immediately whisked me away to a chair and did her magic...to the beat of the music. It was awesome. :) (Note: I'm so glad I saw a YouTube video on threading last night; otherwise, I would have felt silly not knowing what was going on and what I was supposed to do.).

Holy snikeys, I'm on summer vacation!!!!!!

No comments: