Monday, June 09, 2008

Okay bye!

Today was a crazy day. Actually, the days keep getting crazier and crazier as we draw near the end of the academic year. There are so many loose ends to tie up! I am still trying to track down parents to hold last minute IEPs, finding out more and more year-end procedures, and I'm running around doing damage control thanks to That Crazy Lady who turned all crazy again.

I was running b/t the 320 classroom and my room for most of the day. I managed to squeeze in group therapy/snack time, but the kiddos were extra feisty for several reasons. I thought it was sOOOoOO awesome and adorable what happened pre-snack time. N320 had sat down even though moments before, he was getting all gropey with me (he started up with this last week, after two good months!) and even P320 settled down. I told the boys to "wait" and I ran into the other classroom (next door) to get P320's stash. By the time I got back, I saw all four of the kiddos quietly sitting and waiting at the table! That was soOoOOoOo cool, especially since they didn't have any aides near them to enforce their sitting.

Right when I settled down, J320's nose started bleeding. His machismo aide teased us women for being all afraid of blood. It's not that I was afraid, I just felt soOOOOOoOoOo bad for the poor baby. :( I wasn't about to touch the blood b/c I was about to handle all of the kids' foods (with gloves). (Besides, that is his job!) Two to three aides kept trying to restrain him (i.e., make sure his hands don't whack them) so that they could stop the bleeding.

The poor baby was flailing his arms...and then said, "okay bye!"

I was like, aww!!! J320 often says, "okay bye" when he wants YOU to leave him. Poor baby!

No comments: