Sunday, June 08, 2008

Happy Birthday to the BF!

Caption: My favorite picture of my favorite boyfriend. :)

I am anxiously waiting to pick the BF up from the airport. He left for Vegas on Thursday morning to visit his folks (belated Mother's Day, Anniversary, Dad's birthday, his birthday, and early father's day celebration), hang out with his best friend, and then meet up with the boys.

Reflecting on the past years that I've known BF, I can see how much he has changed and grown in so many ways. Ways that we never thought he could or would. I constantly reflect on how fortunate we are to be where we are in life...and to be together. He has become such an important part of my life, and I am so grateful to have him. He often jokes that he is the "best boyfriend ever," but in reality, he is (for me). He makes me laugh everyday. He makes me smile just thinking about him.

I stumbled across an old journal entry re: BF from two years ago. It's amazing how things appear to change so fast in retrospect. Throughout our relationship, we've been through numerous ups and downs, many of which bred from his internal battles that he has fought for over a decade. To add onto it all, he often felt blue about his age with respect to where he was at in his career and goals. As he turns 31 today, we both know he has worked so hard to get where he is at now. I can't remember how many times just within the past few months that we have counted our blessings and talked about how positive things are for him (vs. 2 to 5 years ago). Everyday, he becomes a better and better man and just when I think I can't love him any more than I already do, I do. (How does that saying go? Men are like wine; they get finer with age. ;)

Lil F and I have missed him a lot and can't wait for him to come home to celebrate his birthday.

Happy birthday to my best BF ever!

No comments: