Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bummers

1) I found out today that N320 is no longer leaving, but he is staying through the summer and who knows about the Fall. It wouldn't be a bummer if:
  • a) I didn't have to service him 4 times a week for individual sessions at a half hour each! His mother is the first one that I have unsuccessfully convinced about changing service delivery. She has no idea how far he has come along b/c of the gratuitous group therapy I've included him in. Group therapy is so functional especially for these kids.
  • b) he wasn't starting to grope again!
  • c) my summer placements weren't so ridiculous. I am "tentatively" scheduled to cover all of the district's K-8 special education speech kids with extended school year (ESY)-- and they won't give me numbers until after the last day of school! This consists of 2 middle schools (including my own) and 5 elementary schools. I'm also supposed to cover 4 of the PAU's autism classes (my own that is almost doubling in size and 3 more at a high school a bit yonder). Thankfully, BF has picked up on my not-subtle prompts about needing a serious vacation trip. He is working on that.
2) The Lakers lost! :(

No comments: