Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby-To-Be's Uncles (and "Cousin")

Last night, we got to pet-sit Max for a few hours. I stopped by Bro and Brian's after work, and they asked if I'd like to bring Max home for a few hours while they went out to dinner (since Bro left for his DC conference this morning; he comes back on Saturday). How could I turn that down? :)

So Max was with us from about 5:30 - 10 PM. I was really tired since I hadn't slept much the night before so I lazily hung out with Max for the majority of the time. I must have petted him for at least 3 hours of the time he was with us.

I happened to be wearing a shirt that now keeps riding up now that Baby has grown bigger so at one point, Max kissed our baby (i.e., he licked my baby bump twice). Heehee! I think he is beginning to sense that his "cousin" is in his Aunty's womb. (This time that he visited, he was more careful about not stepping all over my baby bump.)

Since yesterday, I've also noticed that B2B's movements have become softer. They feel like the soft flutters in the very beginning, when I first started feeling him about 10 weeks ago (holy snikeys, time flies!). It's expected since there is less room for him to do his gymnastic moves. I think Husband likes these soft movements more because they are less "Aliens"-like.

B2B has also always hung low in my belly. Sometimes, it's either his head or his butt that's next to my belly button (it gets super hard in that area). The other night, Husband felt his head/butt and said, "if he's down here," (gesturing to the area around and below my belly button), "then what's up here?" (pointing to the inflated area above my belly button). I just said, "stuff." Truthfully, I don't have a good anatomical grasp of what's going on inside my body. Bro has a solid grasp, though, since he's taking all those classes on anatomy, embryology, etc. (Sadly, I had to ask him what the difference was between the umbilical cord and placenta.)

Bro and Brian also booked their vacation to Greece yesterday. I'm really excited at the idea of Max staying with us for 10 days! But then Bro said, "Dearest, you also need to make arrangements for Max while we're gone...b/c what if you give birth while we're gone?" When Bro sent me their itinerary, he added, "I hope you have your baby after we get back!!!!! :)" Well, that is definitely the plan!

No comments: