Tuesday, February 23, 2010

29 Weeks and 2 Days

My co-workers were just asking me how many weeks I am. I said 29 weeks and one of them said, "wow, only 11 more weeks!" Holy snikeys! Only 11 more weeks!

Baby and Mommy keep growing and growing. We feel him moving all the time. :) Since his movements are so prominent, Daddy has been able to feel him, too. However, Daddy often gets freaked out...because he has admittedly watched too many "Aliens" movies. Daddy gets especially skeeved out when Baby moves a few inches across in a wave-like motion (vs. a kick).

I can't believe we're already in our 3rd trimester! My pregnancy has been a very blissful time (long forgotten are the first trimester woes of queasiness and fatigue). I haven't slept so much since maybe middle or high school (until this past week). And people weren't kidding when they said that "the baby will suck you dry!" I'm an eating machine 24/7. Just in the past 3 days, I've woken up in the middle of the night to feed us a light snack.

Early on, with all the sleeping I was doing, mothers encouragingly said, "That means your baby will sleep well through the night." But when I say that I'm hungry all the time (like every 1.5 - 2 hours), they hesitatingly say, "that means your baby will be hungry every 1.5 - 2 hours..." I guess we'll know in ~ 11 weeks what's true and what's not!

Predictions:
  • Baby boy will wake up around 1 and 4 AM for feedings (I generally wake up around those times and baby has been quite active).
  • Baby boy will start off with Mommy's straight hair and then have Daddy's curly/wavy hair when he's older.
  • Baby boy will love to eat vegetables and fruits (unlike his Daddy, but like his Mommy).
  • Baby boy will be active (the past two doctor's visits, different nurses measuring fetal BPM said in astonishment, "he moves around a lot!"
  • Baby boy will talk a lot...because Mommy and Daddy talk a lot!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Do you think baby boy will eat slowly?

Chanel said...

Oooh, that's a good one. I doubt it, though. Boys/men always eat so fast!

Kristi said...

Prediction: Baby Boy will be blissfully happy to be the son of his Mommy and Daddy!