Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bittersweet Ending

It's been quite a long week despite it only being the end of Hump Day.

Over the weekend, I attended a 2-day training in Yorba Linda. The training was neat in that professionals from various fields presented their latest research on early intervention and identification of autism. I also met the newest SLP to join the division I work for. Little did I know she would become the bane of my existence in less than 3 days.

Yesterday, I was in total euphoria as it was my last day of schooling EVER (I know I say that now but I'm like 99.9% sure of this). Needless to say, I was on Cloud 9 all day, even though I still had to get through a group presentation. We had our monthly SLP meeting right before. That's when my day took a turn.

At the end of the meeting, Boss said, "I need to talk to you. You're not in trouble, but I need to talk to you." Turns out she is moving me to a different assignment like pronto; it's like a whole different ballpark. I am flattered that she thinks I am the most capable, but I am extremely unhappy about it for various huge reasons. I keep praying that by tomorrow, when I meet with her, there will be a better solution.

No comments: